Cervical cancer survivors now have an option to obtain life insurance from top quality life insurance companies that specialize in high-risk life insurance.
At RiskQuoter, we specialize in finding life insurance for cancer survivors and will match you with the best life insurance companies.
Cervical Cancer Life Insurance Underwriting
Life insurance underwriters want to know the following about your cervical cancer history:
When were you diagnosed with cervical cancer?
How old were you when diagnosed with cervical cancer?
What stage was cervical cancer?
How was cervical cancer treated?
How Do Life Insurance Underwriters View Cervical Cancer?
Most life insurance companies will postpone offering coverage to you for a period of time after the completion of treatment.
After that, life insurance is available depending on the staging of cervical cancer.
Life Insurance for Cervical Cancers up to Stage 1a
Life insurance may be possible to obtain within 1 year of completion of all cervical cancer treatment.
The following will usually apply:
- Typically, a flat extra charge is added to the standard life insurance rates.
- The flat extra will add approximately $500 per every $100,000 of life insurance.
- The flat extra will last for 3 years on average when the stage is 1a or less.
Aggressive stage 1 cervical cancer will require longer postpone periods as well as more expensive flat extra.
Life Insurance for Cervical Cancers up to Stage 2b
Life insurance is available subject to the following guidelines:
- Stage 2A and stage 2B cervical cancers typically have 5 year postpone periods
- Flat extra expenses for Stage 2a and 2b cervical cancers will add $750 – $1500 per every $100,000 of coverage.
- Flat extras will last from 5-10 years when life insurance is available.
The availability of life insurance depends on the type of treatment received and whether any lymph nodes were involved.
If there was any lymph node involvement, most life insurance underwriters will not consider coverage for 10+ years.
Flat extra expenses are common with many types of cancer.
In addition to cervical cancer, some of the other cancers that we specialize in include:
- skin cancer
- prostate cancer life insurance
- thyroid cancer
- bladder cancer
- breast cancer
- colon cancer
- kidney cancer
You find more information here about buying life insurance after cancer.
Last Updated on June 26, 2020 by riskquoter13