Updated on January 27, 2021
If you’ve had heart bypass surgery and need life insurance, we’ll help you find affordable coverage.
Heart Bypass Life Insurance Overview
- How Does Heart Bypass Affect Life Insurance Rates?
- Heart Bypass Life Insurance Underwriting
- Other Considerations
We’ll help you find affordable life insurance with heart disease such as heart bypass.
Each company has its own set of life insurance underwriting guidelines for a heart bypass.
Some life insurance companies are more aggressive with heart bypass offers than other carriers.
We work for you, not the life insurance companies in order to find you the best possible life insurance rates based on your heart bypass history.
How Does Heart Bypass Affect Life Insurance Rates?
From a life insurance underwriting standpoint, heart bypass is a serious and complicated medical issue to work with.
Whenever you have a pre-existing condition such as heart bypass history, life insurance underwriters are going to look at all of your medical records.
They look at heart procedures, follow-up tests such as heart stress tests, coronary artery angiograms, etc.
Life insurance underwriters will want to know the number of vessels involved with the heart bypass.
We know what life insurance underwriters look for after heart bypass surgery!
And we use that information to help you get the coverage you need.
Heart Bypass Life Insurance Underwriting
- Diet – Are you eating the right foods, avoiding foods that are high in fat and likely to cause re-stenosis of your heart vessels?
- Weight Loss – If you were overweight, your heart works harder to pump blood. Have you lost weight or are you on a weight loss program?
- Exercise – What steps are you taking to improve your health? Are you exercising now?
- Medications – If you have been prescribed medication such as blood pressure medication or cholesterol medication, are you taking it?
- Smoking – If you smoked prior to a heart bypass, you need to quit. If you still smoke after a heart bypass, you are wasting your time.
- Physician’s Advice – Are you following your doctor’s orders? Underwriters look closely at follow-ups.
We’ll work with you to get your medical information in front of the most aggressive impaired risk life insurance companies.
We’ll review your medical records to make sure there are no problems with them.
We do this in order to put you in the best possible light with impaired risk life insurance underwriters.
Life insurance underwriters will want to know when you had heart bypass, the number of vessels involved.
Prior to having heart bypass, did you have a heart attack or other heart condition?
Life insurance underwriters want to see any echocardiograms performed, as well as stress tests, EKG’s, etc.
After you have had a heart bypass, life insurance companies want to see follow-up tests such as a stress test.
Life insurance companies are also looking for lifestyle changes where necessary such as diet, weight loss, smoking cessation, exercise, etc.
The more positive the lifestyle changes, the more favorable the outcome from a life insurance standpoint.
IMPORTANT To Note about Heart Bypass
We have a lot of clients that were mishandled by the previous life insurance agent due to the agent’s inexperience.
One of the most important things to remember about life insurance underwriting after Heart Bypass is the “postpone” period.
Many inexperienced insurance agents will rush their client back into underwriting immediately after Heart Bypass.
That is a huge mistake, here’s why…
With Heart Bypass, there are a number of complications that may develop soon after surgery.
It is extremely important to show positive test results and improvements before applying for new life insurance.
Most life insurance companies postpone underwriting for 6 months to 1 year.
In some instances, life insurance may be available in 3 months.
Please take a few minutes to complete our quote request.