Updated on January 27, 2021
We specialize in life insurance underwriting for mental health conditions and know how to get you approved.
Mental health Overview
- Anxiety Life Insurance
- Bipolar Life Insurance
- Mental Health Underwriting Questions
- Previously Rated or Declined, Read This
Whatever your health history is, let us know and we will help you find the best options available.
How does mental health affect life insurance?
The fact is millions of people face mental illness every day and may feel that life insurance is not available.
The type of mental health condition you have, the control of your condition and your compliance with your doctor’s orders will determine if mental illness will affect your life insurance.
Mental Health Underwriting Questions
Life insurance underwriters want to know:
- What is your exact diagnosis?
- When were you diagnosed with this condition?
- What medications and dosages do you take?
- Are you following the doctor’s orders for medications and office visits?
- How often do you visit with your physician?
- Have you been hospitalized for this health issue?
- If yes, all dates and reasons for hospitalizations are needed
- Do you have a stable support network of friends and family?
- Do you have any history of suicide attempts?
- If yes, details and dates will be needed.
- Are you currently on disability?
- Do you have any other medical problems? Details will be needed.
- Have you had any problems with motor vehicle violations, arrests, loss of employment, etc?
Don’t worry if you do not have all the details as we’ll work with the information you do have.
With mental health life insurance underwriting, the more detail that you can provide to us, the better off you’ll be with underwriters.
By providing underwriters with an overall picture upfront, we’ll improve your chances for more affordable life insurance rates.
Previously Rated or Declined, Read This.
Don’t let a previous rating or decline stop you. The fact is that most life insurance companies do a terrible job underwriting mental health issues.
If you applied to the wrong company, it’s common to end up with a bad outcome.
With our service, we use a quick quote process that allows us to check the market for you on an anonymous basis. In 3-5 days, we’ll have underwriting feedback from the companies that specialize in your health condition.
At that time, we’ll let you know what each carrier has to say in terms of underwriting and price.
A Final Thought
If you decide that you would like to apply, we would like to help.
There is never any pressure or obligation with our service. We’ll provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about your life insurance.
Please take a few minutes to complete your quote request. Thank you.