Find out how respiratory diseases affect your life insurance rate.
We specialize in life insurance for high-risk health issues and will help you find the best life insurance rates available for your condition.
Respiratory Overview Guide
The following links take you to the articles of interest to you.
The below paragraphs detail how your condition impacts underwriting.
How Will Respiratory Diseases Affect Life Insurance?
With respiratory diseases, underwriting looks at the severity of your condition and your control of the medical condition.
The type of respiratory disorder you have is the first question to consider so we know to ask you the proper underwriting questions.
Life insurance is available for most conditions that are well controlled, even when the initial diagnosis was severe.
Respiratory Underwriting Questions
Life insurance underwriters want to know the following:
- What is your exact diagnosis?
- When were you diagnosed?
- What medications and dosages do you take?
- Have you had any medication changes in the past 24 months?
- Have you been hospitalized for this condition?
- If yes, why and when were you hospitalized?
- Is your condition considered mild, moderate or severe?
- Do you have pulmonary function test results available?
- If you’ve had a sleep study, do you have a copy available?
- Are you compliant with CPAP use for sleep apnea?
- Have you completed all the tests that have been recommended?
- If not, why not?
- Are you a smoker? If you quit, when did you quit?
- Do you have any other health issues?
Respiratory Diseases Conclusion
With respiratory diseases, we’ll gather the details from you upfront. We’ll then shop your information to the companies that specialize in your condition (takes 3-5 days).
Once we receive underwriting feedback, we’ll let you know what each company has to say and what to expect in terms of underwriting and price.
Keep in mind that there is never any obligation or pressure with our service. Please take a few minutes to complete your quote request today. Thank you.