If you have Mitral Valve Prolapse and need life insurance, we can help.
Mitral Valve Prolapse Overview
Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) is a condition where the flaps on your mitral valve fail to close properly.
It’s common, with roughly 3 million Americans having MVP.
Mitral Valve Prolapse by itself is a minor issue for underwriters.
That changes if MVP is accompanied by significant mitral valve regurgitation, abnormal EKG, or arrhythmias.
It’s always best to work with a high-risk life insurance specialist to ensure you get to the right company based on your medical history.
Mitral Valve Prolapse Underwriting
Finding life insurance with heart conditions requires expert underwriting knowledge that we have.
If there are no other heart issues, MVP by itself is not a major concern for life insurance underwriters.
The “right” life insurance company may offer you their standard life insurance rates.
If there are other heart issues such as mitral valve insufficiency or mitral valve regurgitation,
Underwriters will need to know what those health issues are in order to determine your life insurance rate.
Those underwriting issues would be the determining factor for your life insurance rate.
We need to know:
- When were you diagnosed with MVP?
- Was an echocardiogram performed to make this diagnosis?
- Is your condition stable or is it progressing?
- Is there an underlying cause for the MVP?
- Do you have any symptoms such as:
- Chest pains?
- Shortness of breath?
- Do you have an irregular heartbeat?
- Is there any heart enlargement?
- Do you have any history of atrial fibrillation?
- Do you have any other heart issues discovered? Angina, arrhythmias, etc.
- Have you had any other health issues? If yes, please describe.
- What medications and dosages do you take?
- Is there any family history of heart conditions? If yes, who and what type did they have?
- What are your height and weight?
- Have you used any tobacco or nicotine products in the past 5 years?
- If yes, what do you use and how often?
With the above information, we’ll obtain underwriting feedback for you.
We know the concerns that life insurance underwriters have,
And know the questions to ask you about your mitral valve prolapse history.
We use a quick quote process that allows us to get underwriting feedback in 3-5 days from companies that specialize in MVP.
At that time, we’ll let you know what each company has to say and what to expect in terms of price.
There is never any pressure or obligation with our life insurance service.
Please take a few minutes to submit your quote request today.
Michael Horbal is the founder and owner of RiskQuoter.com and a licensed life insurance agent who has helped thousands with affordable protection for families and businesses.