We specialize in life insurance underwriting for throat cancer survivors.
While head and neck cancers are complicated to underwrite, we’ll help you find your best options.
Get Your Best Quote Here!
Risk-Free, No Pressure Service
Throat cancers are typically categorized as either:
Laryngeal cancer (voicebox) or pharyngeal cancers of your upper, middle, or lower part of your throat.
While very few companies offer coverage, the following article tells you what you need to know.
Throat Cancer Life Insurance Underwriting
Your doctor may perform laryngoscopy and take biopsy samples for evaluation.
The biopsy results plus additional imaging tests (CT scan, MRI, PET scan, etc.) are completed.
The tests are done to determine the cancer stage and extent of cancer.
Throat Cancer Underwriting Questions
- When were you first diagnosed with Throat Cancer?
- Where was the primary location of cancer?
- What diagnostic tests were completed to diagnose cancer? (CT scan, MRI, PET scan, etc.)
- What Stage was Your Throat Cancer? T1, T2, T3, etc.
- Did cancer spread to your lymph nodes, thyroid, etc?
- How was cancer treated?
- When did you start cancer treatment?
- When did you complete cancer treatment?
- Are you a smoker? If you quit, when did you quit?
- Has there been any recurrence?
With the above information, you’ll have underwriting feedback in 3-5 days from companies.
At that time, we’ll let you know what each company has to say in terms of underwriting and price.
Ready to take your next step?
Request your quote today!
Life Insurance Options for Throat Cancer
Life insurers will postpone offering coverage to you for 5 years or longer.
Other options may be available in the interim.
Under Age 50 When Diagnosed – Accidental death insurance is available, and guaranteed issue policies depending on your age.
Age 50 or Older – Guaranteed issue and accidental policies are available at any time.
Policies are limited to $25,000 or less and the death benefit is graded.
Once term life insurance or universal life insurance is available,
Most life insurance companies will offer you their standard life insurance rates plus an additional expense called a flat extra.
While flat extras are temporary (5 years for most),
The flat extra will typically add $500 – $1500 per every $100,000 of coverage you seek.
The best way to get accurate underwriting feedback is to let us shop the market for you.
There is no obligation or pressure with our service.
We’ll reach out to companies for underwriting feedback.
Once we receive feedback, we’ll let you know what to expect in terms of underwriting and price.
Please take a few minutes to complete your quote request today. Thank you.
- Life Insurance for Cancer Patients & Survivors
- Thyroid Cancer Life Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Life Insurance – How to Get Approved
- Skin Cancer Life Insurance
- Cervical Cancer Life Insurance
- Breast Cancer Life Insurance
- Bladder Cancer Life Insurance
- Colon Cancer: The Ultimate Guide
- Throat Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
Michael Horbal is the founder and owner of RiskQuoter.com and a licensed life insurance agent who has helped thousands with affordable protection for families and businesses.