Everything you need to know about Guardian is here.
Is Guardian a Good Life Insurance Company?
For over 150 years, Guardian has helped individuals with their life insurance and disability insurance needs.
Over 29 million people have been helped, making this company one of the best life insurers in the market.
- AM Best – “A++”
- Moody’s – “Aa2”
- S&P – “AA+”
- Fitch – “AA+”
Ratings as of 12/2020 and subject to change
With strong ratings and financials, Guardian seems poised for a long and bright future.
If you are looking for a company with similar financial ratings, check out New York Life Insurance Company.
How Easy is it to Get a Policy with Guardian?
Getting a policy is relatively easy through independent insurance agents and financial advisors.
Accelerated underwriting is available for some clients who meet the criteria.
This allows you to skip the paramed exam and labs.
Another option offered is the Rapid App Program.
You may purchase additional coverage with simplified underwriting and no exam or labs.
The Expanded Standard Program (ESP) offers buyers of whole life and universal life insurance a better rating class.
Are Guardian Policies Competitive?
Term life insurance, whole life and universal life insurance are available.
Guardian Term Life Insurance
- Minimum Face Amount – $250,000
- Minimum for partial conversions – $100,000
- Term Lengths
- 10-year term – 18-75 (74 for smokers)
- 15-year term – 18-70 (70 for smokers)
- 20-year term – 18-65 (65 for smokers)
- 30-year term – 18-54 (49 smokers)
- Riders Available
- Terminal Illness
- Waiver of Premium
- Whole Life Purchase Option
- Extended Conversion
- Waiver Plus when used with Extended Conversion
Whole Life Insurance from Guardian
If you want whole life insurance, Guardian should be one of the top companies to consider.
The number of whole life options is impressive, including these products:
- Life Paid-Up Options at 65, 95, 99, 121
- 20 Pay Whole Life
- Ten Pay Whole Life
- Executive Strategies Whole Life
- Achiever Gold Whole Life
- Pension Trust Whole Life
- EstateGuard Whole Life
For any whole life policy that you consider, we would provide you with the complete company illustration for review.
Universal Life Products include:
- EstateGuard Survivorship Universal Life
- Survivorship Universal Life Secondary Guarantee
- Current Assumption Universal Life
- Universal Life Secondary Guarantee
If you need universal life insurance, we’ll provide you with comparisons from multiple companies.
Does Guardian Provide Good Customer Service?
You may reach customer service at 888-482-7342
Guardian offers online life insurance account access – here
Guardian is located at 10 Hudson Yards – New York, NY 10001
Other Companies We Reviewed
- Great Western
- Corebridge Financial – A New Name for AIG Life and Retirement
- Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Review 2022
- Primerica Life Insurance Review
- American General Life Insurance Company Review – 2022 Updates
- West Coast Life Insurance Company (Don’t Miss Your Last Chance)
- New York Life Insurance Company Review for 2022
- 2022 Prudential Life Insurance Review
- Illinois Mutual Life Insurance Review
- Cincinnati Life Insurance Review
Michael J. Horbal
Owner of RiskQuoter
Too many people overpay for life insurance because they end up with the wrong life insurance company, agent, or both. That’s why I started RiskQuoter – To help you get the best life insurance rates available.
As an independent insurance agent, I’m licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and offer 40+ life insurance companies to ensure you get your best rate!
By Michael Horbal – updated on – 10/02/2022