Since 1868, Pacific Life has focused on helping its customers from its headquarters in Newport Beach, California.
Table of Contents
- Is Pacific Life a Good Insurance Company?
- Are Pacific Life Policies Competitive?
- Does Pacific Life Offer Accelerated Underwriting?
- How is Pacific Life Customer Service?
- Other Companies We Reviewed
Is Pacific Life a Good Insurance Company?
With $191 billion in assets, and $1.2 trillion of life insurance inforce,
Pacific Life is a well respected leader in the industry.
Our review of life insurance companies like Pacific Life, covers many aspects of the company.
- AM Best – “A+” (Superior)
- Fitch – “AA-” (Very Strong)
- Moody’s – “A1” (Good)
- S&P Global – “AA-” Very Strong)
Ratings are subject to change. AM Best – 06/20, Fitch – 03/21, Moody’s – 04/20, S&P – 12/20
The Pacific Life Foundation has donated more than $123 million during the last 36 years.
They have a grant program, contributing 467 grants totaling $7+ million in 2020.
In their local communities, Pacific contributes to the arts, community needs, ocean health, and marine mammals.
Pacific Life’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion culture, has committed to the support of its employees.
In terms of policies, the following is available.
Are Pacific Life Policies Competitive?
PAC Life has a number of term life and universal life insurance options available for you.
PL Promise Term Life
- Minimum Policy Size – $50,000
- Underwriting Rate Classes
- Preferred Best No Nicotine
- Preferred No Nicotine
- Select No Nicotine
- Preferred Nicotine
- Standard Nicotine
- Term lengths available
- 10-year term – Age 18-80
- 15-year term – Age 18 – 75
- 20-year term – Age 18 – 65
- 25-year term – Age 18 – 60
- 30-year term – Age 18 – 55
- Conversion is available during the level guaranteed term period or until age 70, whichever comes first.
- Riders available:
- Accelerated Death Benefit Rider
- Children’s Level Term Insurance Rider – 15 days to 18 years – $10,000 per policy.
- Waiver of Premium Rider
Universal life insurance
PL Promise GUL is a No-Lapse Guarantee Universal Life Insurance policy.
- Minimum Face – $25,000
- Issue Ages – 0-80
- Guarantee Range from 90-121 is possible
- Return of Premium Enhanced Surrender Value Rider
- Waiver of Month Deduction Rider
- Terminal Illness Rider – 75% of death benefit up to $500k
- Children’s Term Rider – $10,000 is available
The fact that Pacific will consider $25,000 in coverage is pretty unique as most companies do not offer that little coverage.
Does Pacific Life Offer Accelerated Underwriting?
Pacific Life recently introduced PL Swift Sailing – an accelerated underwriting program.
With PL Swift Sailing, it is now possible to qualify for up to $2 million in coverage!
While many accelerated underwriting programs are not available for nicotine users, Pacific Life’s program is available.
PL Swift Sailing Criteria
- Ages 18-60
- $50,000 – $2 million of coverage
- Evidence of routine medical care in the past 3 years
- Not previously rated or declined for life insurance.
With PL Swift Sailing, no medical exams, labs, or medical records are required if you meet the criteria.
If you are age 50-69 but don’t meet the PL Swift Sailing criteria, you may still qualify for the no lab Smooth Sailing program.
With the Smooth Sailing program, we complete a brief ticket and then underwriting contacts you for a phone interview.
With underwriting, Pacific Life is competitive in many areas including:
- Build – BMI to 33 up to age 65. BMI to 35 for age 65+
- Depression/Anxiety – Well controlled with 2 or fewer medications.
- Asthma – Mild asthma that is controlled
- Sleep Apnea – Best rates for mild sleep apnea, and preferred for moderate/severe are possible.
- Very competitive for Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis
Non-medical underwriting niches include:
- Recreational scuba diving to 100 feet
- Private pilots who fly 26-150 hours per year.
We always shop cases to Pacific Life as they can be very good at times with underwriting.
How is Pacific Life Customer Service?
PAC Life is available to help you with your customer service.
Whether you need to make policy changes, or update billing, etc., PAC Life is there to help.
Customer Service Phone Number is 800-800-7646
You may login to policy information online with Pacific Life – here
Pacific Life’s corporate headquarters is located at – 700 Newport Center Drive – Newport Beach, California 92660
Pacific Life Insurance Company is a highly rated company with many types of insurance policies to meet your needs.
Please take a few minutes to request a quote today.
We’ll show you how Pacific Life compares to other carriers and let you decide which company is best. Thank you.
Other Companies We Reviewed
- Great Western
- Corebridge Financial – A New Name for AIG Life and Retirement
- Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Review 2022
- Primerica Life Insurance Review
- American General Life Insurance Company Review – 2022 Updates
- West Coast Life Insurance Company (Don’t Miss Your Last Chance)
- New York Life Insurance Company Review for 2022
- 2022 Prudential Life Insurance Review
- Illinois Mutual Life Insurance Review
- Cincinnati Life Insurance Review
Michael J. Horbal
Owner of RiskQuoter
Too many people overpay for life insurance because they end up with the wrong life insurance company, agent, or both. That’s why I started RiskQuoter – To help you get the best life insurance rates available.
As an independent insurance agent, I’m licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and offer 40+ life insurance companies to ensure you get your best rate!
By Michael Horbal – updated on – 04/26/2022