Since 1868, Pacific Life has focused on helping its customers from its headquarters in Newport Beach, California.
Get Your Best Quote Here!
Risk Free, No Pressure Service
Is Pacific Life a Good Insurance Company?
With $191 billion in assets, and $1.2 trillion of life insurance inforce,
Pacific Life is a well respected leader in the industry.
Our review of life insurance companies like Pacific Life, covers many aspects of the company.
- AM Best – “A+” (Superior)
- Fitch – “AA-” (Very Strong)
- Moody’s – “A1” (Good)
- S&P Global – “AA-” Very Strong)
Ratings are subject to change. AM Best – 06/20, Fitch – 03/21, Moody’s – 04/20, S&P – 12/20
The Pacific Life Foundation has donated more than $123 million during the last 36 years.
They have a grant program, contributing 467 grants totaling $7+ million in 2020.
In their local communities, Pacific contributes to the arts, community needs, ocean health, and marine mammals.
Pacific Life’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion culture, has committed to the support of its employees.
In terms of policies, the following is available.
Are Pacific Life Policies Competitive?
PAC Life has a number of term life and universal life insurance options available for you.
PL Promise Term Life
- Minimum Policy Size – $50,000
- Underwriting Rate Classes
- Preferred Best No Nicotine
- Preferred No Nicotine
- Select No Nicotine
- Preferred Nicotine
- Standard Nicotine
- Term lengths available
- 10-year term – Age 18-80
- 15-year term – Age 18 – 75
- 20-year term – Age 18 – 65
- 25-year term – Age 18 – 60
- 30-year term – Age 18 – 55
- Conversion is available during the level guaranteed term period or until age 70, whichever comes first.
- Riders available:
- Accelerated Death Benefit Rider
- Children’s Level Term Insurance Rider – 15 days to 18 years – $10,000 per policy.
- Waiver of Premium Rider
Universal life insurance
PL Promise GUL is a No-Lapse Guarantee Universal Life Insurance policy.
- Minimum Face – $25,000
- Issue Ages – 0-80
- Guarantee Range from 90-121 is possible
- Return of Premium Enhanced Surrender Value Rider
- Waiver of Month Deduction Rider
- Terminal Illness Rider – 75% of death benefit up to $500k
- Children’s Term Rider – $10,000 is available
The fact that Pacific will consider $25,000 in coverage is pretty unique as most companies do not offer that little coverage.
Does Pacific Life Offer Accelerated Underwriting?
While it’s not a true accelerated program, Pacific Life does offer their PL Smooth Sailing underwriting program.
This program is a non-medical program where paramed exams are skipped when you meet the criteria as described below.
PL Smooth Sailing Underwriting Criteria
- Age 50-69
- $50,000 – $1 million of coverage
- Comprehensive physical and blood work completed by your physician within the past 18 months.
- There are no credit score checks.
- All rate classes qualify, including substandard rates.
With the Smooth Sailing program, we complete a brief ticket, and then underwriting contacts you for a phone interview.
With underwriting, Pacific Life is competitive in many areas including:
- Build – BMI to 33 up to age 65. BMI to 35 for age 65+
- Depression/Anxiety – Well controlled with 2 or fewer medications.
- Asthma – Mild asthma that is controlled
- Sleep Apnea – Best rates for mild sleep apnea, and preferred for moderate/severe are possible.
- Very competitive for Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis
Non-medical underwriting niches include:
- Recreational scuba diving to 100 feet
- Private pilots who fly 26-150 hours per year.
We always shop cases to Pacific Life as they can be very good at times with underwriting.
How is Pacific Life Customer Service?
PAC Life is available to help you with your customer service.
Whether you need to make policy changes, or update billing, etc., PAC Life is there to help.
Customer Service Phone Number is 800-800-7646
You may login to policy information online with Pacific Life – here
Pacific Life’s corporate headquarters is located at – 700 Newport Center Drive – Newport Beach, California 92660
Pacific Life Insurance Company is a highly rated company with many types of insurance policies to meet your needs.
Please take a few minutes to request a quote today.
We’ll show you how Pacific Life compares to other carriers and let you decide which company is best. Thank you.
Other Companies We Reviewed
- 2021 Prudential Life Insurance Review
- Illinois Mutual Life Insurance Review
- Cincinnati Life Insurance Review
- Gerber Life Insurance Review
- Foresters Life Insurance Review
- Fidelity Life Association Review
- Allstate Life Insurance Company Review
- Assurity Life Insurance Company Review
- American National Life Insurance Review
- North American Life Insurance Review
Michael Horbal is the founder and owner of RiskQuoter.com and a licensed life insurance agent who has helped thousands with affordable protection for families and businesses.