Ohio National Life Insurance Company Review
Ohio National life insurance has been helping families, and business owners find good quality life insurance products to protect their needs.
Table of Contents
- Ohio National Life Insurance Company Review
Is Ohio National a Good Company?
Ohio National got its start in Cincinnati in 1909, offering protection for families.
Over the years the company has grown and recently reported that they have over $180 billion of in-force life insurance!
- AM Best – “A”
- Moody’s – “A3”
- Fitch – “A-“
Ratings as of AM Best – 08/2019, Moody’s as of 06/2020, Fitch as of 07/2020. Ratings are subject to change
In March 2021, the company announced that they would demutualize and become a stock company.
Some in the industry saw this as a sign that the company was struggling.
How Easy is it to Get a Policy with Ohio National?
It’s easy to get a policy using Ohio’s e-application and e-delivery process.
Term life insurance, universal and whole life are available electronically now.
It may be possible to get a policy without an exam for insureds age 18-50 looking for $1,000,000 or less of coverage.
Are Ohio National Policies Competitive?
Term life insurance routinely ranks in the top 10 in terms of price.
Fewer term length options are available than many of the best life insurers.
FlexTerm Series XI
- Minimum Face Amount – $100,000
- Term lengths available – 10, 15, and 20-year term
- 10-Year Term – Ages 18-80
- 15-Year Term – Ages 18-75
- 20-Year Term – Ages 18-65
- Limited conversion to the Virtus Basic II UL
- The “Plus” version offers any permanent policy available
- Conversion credits available with “Plus” option
- Riders Available:
- Accelerated Death Benefit
- Accidental Death
- Family Term (Must select Plus option)
- Guaranteed Purchase Option (Must select “Plus” option)
- Waiver of Premium
Universal Life Insurance
The following universal life insurance policies are available:
- V-Pro UL II
- Virtus Basic II
- Virtus IUL II
Whole life insurance
- Limited Pay Whole Life
- 10 Pay II Prestige
- 20 Pay Prestige
- Prestige Max III
- Lifetime Pay Whole Life
- Prestige 100-II
- Prestige Value IV
Other companies with whole life policies to compare to include Guardian and Mass Mutual.
Does Ohio National Provide Good Customer Service?
You may reach customer service at 800-366-6654
You will find Ohio National policy login information – here
Corporate Headquarters is located at:
One Financial Way – Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
Other Companies We Reviewed
- State Farm Life Insurance
- Great Western
- Corebridge Financial – A New Name for AIG Life and Retirement
- Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Review 2023
- Primerica Life Insurance Review
- American General Life Insurance Company Review – 2023 Updates
- West Coast Life Insurance Company (Don’t Miss Your Last Chance)
- New York Life Insurance Company Review for 2023
- 2022 Prudential Life Insurance Review
Michael J. Horbal
Owner of RiskQuoter
Too many people overpay for life insurance because they have the wrong life insurance company, agent, or both. That’s why I started RiskQuoter – To help you get the best life insurance rates available.
As an independent insurance agent, I’m licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and offer 40+ life insurance companies to ensure you get your best rate!
By Michael Horbal – Updated on 01/28/2023