Top 10 Health Problems in America
Out of a potential 700+ health impairments, we are aware of the top 10 health problems we encounter in high-risk life insurance underwriting.
Top 10 Health Problems for Life Insurance
- Heart Disease – Heart problems have been the most common health impairment since 2002. We’ve seen them all: blood pressure issues, high cholesterol, heart attack, angioplasty, heart bypass, irregular heartbeats, or any other heart condition.
- Diabetes – Type 2 diabetes is the fastest-growing health problem in America. If your diabetes is well controlled, underwriting has become more aggressive and favorable with the right life insurance companies.
- Prostate Cancer – Prostate cancer underwriting has become more competitive as prostate cancer treatment options improve, especially for active surveillance.
- Skin Cancer – Basal Cell Carcinoma has become so common that most companies will offer a “preferred” and sometimes a “preferred best” rate. While melanoma is far more complicated, underwriting has improved as well.
- Mental Health Issues – Often, depression is just one of the health impairments we work with. Depression, Bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, etc., are always in our top 10 health impairment lists.
- Breast Cancer – Breast cancer is a health impairment that we see frequently. Until recently, high-risk life insurance companies have been challenging to work with. The good news is that several life insurance companies have become more aggressive in underwriting.
- Respiratory Disorders – We see a lot of asthma cases each year and have some life insurance companies that are aggressive and favorable to individuals with well-controlled asthma.
- Sleep Apnea – Sleep apnea is a common health issue. Whether you have mild, moderate, or severe sleep apnea, life insurance companies are available as long as you comply and use your CPAP.
- Stroke – Strokes and TIA are high-risk life insurance issues that we deal with. The underlying cause of the stroke is essential when working with underwriting.
- Hepatitis – Hepatitis life insurance underwriting has improved dramatically since the development of treatments that cure Hepatitis “C.”
- Gastrointestinal – Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease are increasingly common with underwriting.
Life Insurance Underwriting for Health Conditions
We work with life insurance underwriters at America’s best life insurance companies. If you have any of the top ten health problems, we can help you.
We understand health impairments from a life insurance underwriting standpoint. We know the concerns of life insurance underwriters and the questions to ask you about your health history.
There is never any obligation or pressure with our service. We’ll give you the information you need to decide about your life insurance.