Out of a potential 700+ health impairments that we are aware of, below are the top 10 health problems we encounter in high-risk life insurance underwriting.
Top 10 Health Problems for Life Insurance
- Heart Disease – Heart problems have been the most common health impairment we see since 2002. Whether it is blood pressure issues, high cholesterol, heart attack, angioplasty, heart bypass, irregular heartbeats, or any other heart condition, we’ve seen them all.
- Diabetes – Type 2 diabetes is the fastest growing health problem in America. The good news is that if your diabetes is well controlled, underwriting has become more aggressive and favorable with the right life insurance companies.
- Prostate Cancer – Prostate cancer underwriting has become more competitive as prostate cancer treatment options improve, especially for active surveillance.
- Skin Cancer – Basal Cell Carcinoma has become so common that most companies will offer a “preferred” and sometimes a “preferred best” rate. While melanoma is far more complicated, underwriting has improved as well.
- Mental Health Issues – Many times, depression is just one of the health impairments we work with. Depression, Bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, etc. are always in our top 10 health impairment lists.
- Breast Cancer – Breast cancer is a health impairment that we see on a frequent basis. Until recently, high-risk life insurance companies have been difficult to work with. The good news is that a number of life insurance companies have become more aggressive in underwriting.
- Respiratory Disorders – We see a lot of asthma cases each year and have a number of life insurance companies that are aggressive and favorable to individuals with well-controlled asthma.
- Sleep Apnea – Sleep apnea is a common health issue. Whether you have mild, moderate or severe sleep apnea, we have life insurance companies available as long as you are in compliance and use your CPAP.
- Stroke – Strokes and TIA are high-risk life insurance issues that we deal with. The underlying cause of the stroke is important when working with underwriting.
- Hepatitis – Hepatitis life insurance underwriting has improved dramatically since the development of treatments that cure Hepatitis “C”.
- Gastrointestinal – Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease are increasingly common with underwriting.
Life Insurance Underwriting for Health Conditions
We work with life insurance underwriters at the best life insurance companies in America. If you have any of the top ten health problems, we can help you.
We understand health impairments from a life insurance underwriting standpoint. We know the concerns that life insurance underwriters have, and know the questions to ask you about your health history.
There is never any obligation or pressure with our service. We’ll give you the information you need in order to make an informed decision about your life insurance.
Michael Horbal is the founder and owner of RiskQuoter.com and a licensed life insurance agent who has helped thousands with affordable protection for families and businesses.